Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Is this odd?

I was thinking the other night as I went through the motions of settling into bed, that I have for many years of my life, almost subconciously, very often asked myself the same question as I settle in to sleep. I nestle under the covers, position myself as I would imagine myself able to fall asleep according to overall comfort and think to myself:

"If I were to be put in a state of artificial hibernation for many years for the purpose of travelling through space, and through some unknown freak of scientific flaw could feel either comfortable or uncomfortable during that time (assuming I was unable to move), would the position that I am now in be a good one?"

Its interesting how the prospect of feeling them for years unending highlights small discomforts in a way that might otherwise go unnoticed for a longer period of time.

No comments:

Visitors: