Monday, December 04, 2006

Bloody dreams

Genre: Dream
Inspiration: See above

The snippet of dream I remember is as follows:

In an infirmary, or perhaps hospital - it's a large room with multiple beds and various equipment throughout. I'm sitting on a chair or bed waiting to get a shot; something innocuous like a flu shot. I think I'm with someone else who just got a shot as well.

The nurse comes over quickly and pierces the inside of my arm just above the crease of my elbow. Something strange happens and it seem to pierce through the other side, or perhaps just misses the mark and my arm starts to spew blood. It doesn't hurt but it's very messy and I'm slightly frustrated that she's ruined a very nice shirt - I get the sense at this point that somehow I thought this was going to happen and that I was resistant to get a shot for fear of a fancy new shirt being ruined. For her part the nurse is standoffish and visibly frustrated to have to redo the shot. She performs a second flawlessly. End.

No comments:

Visitors: