Thursday, November 30, 2006

Free world...

Genre: Reflection, non-fiction
Inspiration: The whole Frakin' world

Apparently there are 192 countries in the world. Reading this I wondered to myself how many I'd be able to come up with given as much time as needed... a familiar scenario that I tend to apply most personal challenges to rang in my head:

If I was kidnapped by a sinister individual (or organization), and my release depended solely on my ability to list all 192 countries of the world could I win my release?

It struck me that I could try listing the countries that come to my mind but that would make for a superbly boring and futile exercise; instead I've decided to look at trusty Google Maps and find at least a few that I'd never remember to list:

Mauritania
Benin
Bhutan
Kyrgyzstan

this list certainly isn't exhaustive, and if it was would just serve as a reminder of how ignorant I really am. The important thing is that I now know - I'd be locked up forever. Sucky.

No comments:

Visitors: