Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Life Lesson

Genre: Fiction
Inspiration: Plush

I cringed when I saw her walking my direction across the Quad. I knew I'd have to answer for the mess I left at her house this morning, not to mention last night - oh shit... last night. Still in recovery mode I felt the very real and prominent symptoms of my hangover intensify as she got closer.

It was a great night, but it only hit me now that I'd have to answer for the things I'd done. Depraved, awkward and strange things. Instinctual things that lurk in the depths of men's souls; things we should never have to answer for. Part of me must have known. We were 7 months into a 2 year program together and she was in all but 2 of my classes. I was old enough to know I had to be accountable, but perhaps young enough I hoped to get away with it.

Her face was streaked with the dark smudges of running mascara; she'd been crying.

"You Asshole" She screamed 10 meters away.

Everyone I was with turned and after a quick assessment knew she must have been talking to me. Their collective gaze fell upon me, all with an awkward smirk, not yet sure of the severity of the infraction.

"What is THIS" she pleaded, clinkled face, drastically contorting her soft features.

Holding back a retch, I stood to face my accuser, nay witness. Filled with shame I knew i was cornered.

"Stuffing" I answered "synthetic cotton".

"You violated..." Shit, here it comes "Mr. Mcgoo! I've had that dog since I was a BABY!"

"Stuffed dog" I offered by way of correction. It was after all, in accurate to call it a "dog".

"What happened after I went to sleep you depraved pervert?!" She was angry I could tell, but I couldn't shake the feeling that if she hadn't passed out on her bed as soon as we'd gotten home none of this would have happened.

"I lost control" was all I could muster - I did after all, I just wasn't sure how. After hearing her snoring the last thing I remembered was waking up naked and sticky on the cold tile floor of her decaying bathroom, empty plush carcass of a stuffed dog beneath me. There was synthetic cotton stuffing everywhere.

"I can sew" I offered with a slight desperation in my voice. My eyes must have been closed, or perhaps I was distracted, because I missed the lunge. Before I knew what was happening I was on the ground and being smothered by the shaggy, time-worn skin of Mr. Mcgoo.

I knew then that this relationship was over.

No comments:

Visitors: