Tuesday, December 05, 2006

More dreaming

Genre: Dream
Inspiration: See above

An unusual treat last night - a mid-week dream memory. I actually remembered quite a lot after my alarm first went off and was looking forward to recording it but then, after snoozing for 10 minutes woke up with only a fraction.

Snippet 1: walking through a hotel - I remember knowing that it was a Sheraton - I was walking past the elevators which were on my right. I was on an upper floor and to my left was an open atrium over a railing rather than a closed hallway. It wasn't a new hotel but wasn't out of date either... gold trim, reds and greens in the carpet. I remember intending to pass the two elevator doors as I walked but as I looked to my right I saw that the elevator was in fact huge. It was a trapezoidal shape with a carpet exactly like the hallway and appointed as if it was a room in and of itself. Easily 10 ft deep and 7 or 8 ft across at it's widest it contained a sofa or two, a table and plants; even windows. The really intriguing thing was that it itself had its own elevator doors along the right hand wall - 2 of them... It was as if the elevator gave way to it's own elevator vestibule. I did a double take and went in. there were other people in there and if I remember correctly it started to move just after I entered. That in particular gave me a great sense of satisfaction as if proving itself as a lifting mechanism.

Snippet 2: A large store. It was for all intents and purposes a fancy corner store, perhaps a very modern, small grocery store. It was very large, very white and contained a lot of various racks in an unorganized yet very ordered layout. The first part of the dream had me paying at the register which was a large island in the middle of the store. The cashier greeted me and gave me roughly $6 which someone had left there. I couldn't figure out why the cashier was giving it to me but said that neither he nor his colleague were able to keep over payments or spare cash. I was very surprised at his honesty. Free money was a super feeling. I ordered what I thought was 2 beers - one Cafferey's on tap and something else in a bottle. I remember thinking twice about the Cafferey's wondering if it was something I was familiar with. As it turns out it was in a can and as I opened it it frothed with extraordinarily thick and disgusting tomato-soup like gel. naturally I threw it out. The other bottled beer turned out to be more like a tonic. Sometime during this particular discovery another person joined me at a standing table in the shop. Distracted by the tomato gel beer, I didn't notice that the store had closed. To my surprise I and my companion (no idea who) were still in the shop, and I think due to my disappointing tomato gel, started to look for something else (despite the tonic). All the racks were wide open and there were strange drinks on each (at the time I remember thinking they were European - but not foreign, leading me to believe I was in Europe, or at the least in a European shop). My companion, who I think was a character from a recent movie I watched (American Pie - Naked Mile... I'm ashamed to say I watched it, though in my defense it didn't cost anything) stole from a secured rack a plastic bottle of cola - not Coke, perhaps a generic or European brand... End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Decongestants? Powerful dream rainers.

Visitors: